There’s something about a leather and silk chiffon combo that makes me feel all wannabe biker-chic badass. Know what I mean?
… Anyone? Maybe it’s the fact that I found this frock on the clearance floor (literally) of Urban Outfitters for $10.
I’ve told you my theory about good opp’ shopping, right? No? Well, as every life-long retail-a-holic knows, you’ve got to believe in Good Shopping Karma. I tend to find a good deal or two, so I consider mine above average. Here’s a few tips to practice on the reg:
- Educate yourself to know a good deal when you see one. Practice makes perfect!
- When do your go-to shops get their shipments? (I use Shop it to Me — a site that alerts you when your favorite brands go on sale.)
- Prep mentally. And by that, I mean, be open-minded and don’t set your sights too high if you’re just sifting through the sale rack.
- Know that some items aren’t worth a bargain. Don’t feel guilty spending on everyday separates that suit you perfectly.
- If you feel anxious or indifferent, don’t buy it. Hold off until the right deal comes — trust, the right outfit will appear on your radar!
- When your karma kicks in, ride the wave and shop. Enjoy it while it lasts, girl!
And lastly, of course, when in doubt, tweet me and ask.